Saturday, August 16, 2008

Silver Dollar Oat Pancakes

Just found this recipe in Simple & Delicious. These pancakes were so moist and good and very filling! I added blueberries to some and banana slices to others and made some plain. They were all awesome! They were great with syrup and equally yummy with just whipped cream.


1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1-1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
2 TBSP. butter
Maple syrup or topping of your choice

*In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, applesauce, and butter; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.

*Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with desired topping.

***TIPS: I doubled this so I could have leftovers. I never have buttermilk, so instead I measured out a little less than 3/4 cup of milk and added enough vinegar to make 3/4 cup. Stir and let sit for a few minutes. I also only had regular applesauce so I simply added some cinnamon to the dry mixture.

6 comments:

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

Oooh! Sounds nice and healthy. Nice addition with blueberries and bananas!

TCMT Group said...

These are SO GOOD. I loved having them at your house a couple of weeks ago. We're planning to make them tonight and add green food coloring to celebrate this glorious holiday. :)

TCMT Group said...

Ha! I forgot I was signed in to the group address. Sorry! That last comment was actually from Michelle. :)

Pam said...

My kids get pancakes every Saturday morning, I am sure they would like these. Great post.

Esme said...

Thanks for stopping by.

megan said...

sounds great! we love pancakes in our house and eat them for dinner every other week or so. I"ll add this to our menu rotation :)