My Mom always brought this dish to church potlucks when I was growing up. The dish always came home empty. And I was never competitive enough to get to the head of the line, so I usually missed out on these. Sometimes Mom would make extra for us at home, thankfully. Just make some so you can see for yourself how good these beans are! (Oh, and remember this recipe is for a potluck so it makes a lot. Just scale down for a meal at home.)
7 lb. 5 oz can pork and beans (Mom says she buys the cheapest kind)
1 lb. ground beef (or turkey), cooked and drained
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 Tbsp. mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
1 lb. dark brown sugar
*Combine all ingredients in a large baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 2-3 hours (believe me, it's worth the wait).
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment